5 Worst Ways To Break Up With Someone
Breaking up is hard to do. Even worse to be on the receiving end of it. Don’t be a cop out and take the easy route to make it easier on yourself, do the right thing and keep the courtesy in tact. Here are the 5 worst ways to give someone the boot:
- Putting the “ex” in Text: Text messaging someone to terminate a relationship is by far one of the worst ways to convey a dismissal. Surprisingly even worse, it’s one of the most common. Do your dirty work in person or at the very least, over the phone.
- A friend of a friend: “So and so wanted me to let you know it’s over” is probably by far the most humiliating ways to get dumped. Not only is it totally impersonal, but involving someone else in your private and deep matters can be ultra damaging, especially when you can’t conceal a reaction when caught off guard. It’s cruel and unusual punishment, and should never be an option.
- Space-book: Telling someone you need space on facebook is by far one of the dirtiest dumping methods out there. Even a long winded heartfelt message is still downright pathetic. Even worse? Posting it on their wall for everyone else’s viewing pleasure, a definitely dirty dumping deed indeed.
- M.I.A: Don’t pull the ol’ disappearing act when it comes time to give someone the hint. it may seem easier to just let things cool off by ignoring contact efforts, but the right thing to do is to not leave someone hanging.
- Right thing at the wrong time: Be courteous and try to choose the right time to give someone the pink slip. Telling them when they are having the worst stressful work day, or right after their family dog dies, may not be the kindest way to let someone down. Even though it may never be a perfect opportune moment, try and use your logic and not pile on more emotional trauma to someone who may need a break.
Tags: Breaking Up Advice, Dating Advice, How to Break Up